A while back I wrote about some initial investigations I'd made towards having SolrCloud in a containerised Sitecore instance. Since I worked on that, Sitecore have shipped their "official" container approach, so I've revisited my experiments using the examples Sitecore provides.
Now that Sitecore 10 is out, I've been having a dig into the new Docker approach that's been released. There are some interesting differences here between Sitecore's official approach and the way the community scripts I'd experimented with worked – and I've learned a few interesting new things as a result of having a read of the examples provided. Here are the things that caught my attention:
I've got a project on the cards that I'd like to use docker containers for, but we're talking about using SolrCloud for search. Right now, there isn't a SolrCloud container in the Sitecore community container repo. So I started thinking about what would it take to make one.