I noticed the other week that the sitemap file my blog was generating included the urls, but none of the other metadata that they can report. To be honest, I'm not sure if search engines pay much attention to this these days, but since the schema for the files includes other options I decided to see if I could add them.
A colleague pointed me at an interesting issue recently, where trying to switch the Sitecore Desktop to view a "preview" database for a Publishing Target on a client's website caused a crash. The reason for this appears to be an interesting issue it would be fairly easy for others to trip over, so this seemed a useful thing to write up:
Recently I found myself looking at a Visual Studio project where the build was not behaving in the way I expected. So I was forced to try a few debugging techniques to work out what was up. And in the process of trying to resolve the problem, I discovered an interesting tool to help with scenarios like this. So if you find yourself stuck with a misbehaving MSBuild script here are a couple of ideas: